Love is in the air ….. but more importantly, the sweet smell of these Cheesecake Oreo cookies! This recipe is super simple with only five ingredients. Just make sure the Oreos make a successful journey from the grocery store into the batter!
If you want to add your own twist, try adding some Valentine’s sprinkles in the mix or experiment with different food colorings to make them more festive. Our favorite spin is to use the limited edition red velvet Oreos that usually come out around this time of year.
Here’s the recipe from Baker by Nature.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened.
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 10 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- In the body of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Add in flour, a small bit at a time, beating in on low speed, just until incorporated. Fold in Oreos (and any food coloring or sprinkles that you wish!) until evenly distributed.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, and up to 2 hours.
- 30 minutes prior to baking, preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 2 tablespoon sized balls of dough, roll them into rounds, and place them on the cookie sheet. Lightly press down on each cookie.
- Place pan in the oven to bake for 10-11 minutes, or until *just golden at the edges. They will still be very soft when you remove them from the oven - that's a good thing!
- Cool on the baking sheet for 10 full minutes, then very carefully transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!