As summer begins to wind down and the school year approaches, it is important to take a moment to reflect on your summer and all of the memories made. What better way to reflect than by creating a beautiful scrapbook filled with pictures, mementos and stories? Here are several tips that will aid you in putting together a superb summer scrapbook that you will cherish forever.
- For a great page title, cut out letters from patterned paper.
- Choose a focal-point photo. Treat other photos as “accessories” that help you to tell the rest of the story.
- No place to write out your journaling? Journal on a tag or a piece of cardstock and tuck it neatly behind a photo. Here’s where you can write more heartfelt words without others looking at it too.
- Use ribbons or buttons as page accents. Buttons create a fun, cute look while ribbons can lend a sweet and pretty look to your layouts.
- Be bold with your fonts. Mix fonts in your page title to create a dynamic, fun and random look to your layout!
- Want an eye-catching background? Cut a piece of patterned paper into a large curved shape and attach it to your cardstock. It instantly creates visual interest to your background. You can use freehand, bowls, plates and anything round to help you draw the curved shape.
These are just a few of the many scrapbooking tips that can be found on everything-about-scrapbooking.com
Photo courtesy of: instructables.com