Cooler weather shouldn’t automatically mean avoiding the great outdoors. Autumn temperatures are a great opportunity for you to add some cozy elements to your front porch! Add some festive décor and some comfortable details to your outdoor space. Here are some tips that will make you want to spend even more time outside.
- Throw a plaid blanket over your porch furniture to make everything feel cozy. The added blanket will be great for wrapping up with a book and a warm drink in the early evening. When you’re not there, it makes your porch still seem warm and inviting.
- Hay isn’t just for horses. Hay bales are becoming increasingly popular in rustic décor. Include a few around your door and top them with pumpkins carved by you and the family.
- Create a new, patterned welcome mat. Doormats are easy DIYs, and pairing some fall colors, or leafy designs can make a big difference in your outdoor décor. Learn how
- There are alternatives to the typical Jack-o-Lantern. This year, paint your pumpkin with chalk-board paint. You’ll be able to write welcome messages to guests, and kids can create a new funny face with chalk every day!
- Explore the Unexpected. Replace that annual wreath with a creative display. Use a bouquet of fall flowers, corn husks, or even an apple basket, like this one from Savvy Southern Style. Your door is fair game for getting crafty!